Backpacking the World

These first three posts are for the reader to understand where I am coming from, my experiences in the past, how I got to this point, and where I want to be in the future.

I'm looking forward to finalizing with more New Zealand posts in the very near future, and writing you a greeting from the land of 13x as many sheep as people!! 50M to 4million!!

Friday, July 27, 2012

10 Random New Zealand Thoughts


10 things I noticed about New Zealand
  • Eftpos - it was the option for credit card's every time we used ours.  Also, no matter the purchase size, they always checked our signature on the back - that was weird, but I guess a good thing
  • Mtn Dew - YUM it was delish!
  • On/Off switch for outlets - also common around the world, but it'd been awhile since I'd seen them
  • 2 Toilet Flushes - one for pee, one for poop (god that word cracks me up every time, haha)  Depending on the amount of water flow you'd like, I don't know why the USA doesn't have these.  It's typically 2 buttons on the top
  • "Sweet as" - A phrase of the Kiwi's.  Basically meaning "cool" "chill"  "awesome"
  • We arrived in Queenstown, our taxi driver went to load our stuff in the back, and Tim got into the drivers side door thinking it was the passenger's door
  • Sun Burn / Lack of Ozone - You'd think America and it's pollution would have the pathetic ozone layer, but it's very weak above NZ and thus, I burned worse than I ever have before while here
  • Tim Tams - wafers + chocolate and options of caramel + white chocolate, DELICIOUS
  • No tipping
  • Warm milk / eggs - this just doesn't seem right to me
Anyway, just a few fun facts that I wrote down to share, hope you enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment